Rezept übersetzt ins Englische:
Ingredients: (for 3-4 people; 6 balls and a middle)
- 250 g of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 10 g yeast*
- 1.5 DLs of milk, lukewarm
- 50 g of butter, liquid / cooled
- 1TL lemon skin, rubbed off
- 1 egg, whisks
- 1 almond as a king's figure or 1 dry bean
- 30 g raisins, hail sugar and almond slices
- 1 yolk, whisks to coat before the baking.
For a Springform tin of 24 cm; with 190°C for 25-30min bake
A timer is important: You must include a total of 4 hours for everything:
Approx. 30 minutes prepare dough; 120 minutes allow to rise; form and chilled 30-60 minutes; 25-30 minutes for baking
*Yeast (fresh) exists of living mushrooms. Optimally they ferment with 30°C with sugar together. Duplication of the dough in 2hours. More than 45°C the yeast mushroom dies. So pay attention that the milk is not too hot (only lukewarm).
1. Melt the butter and warm up the milk. Allow the milk to cool lukewarm.
2. In your dough bowl form the flour to a hollow and add the salt.
3. Give the yeast in small pieces in the hollow and with sugar strew. Carefully then add the milk and slowly stir until the yeast has dissolved.
4. Add Butter, lemon skin and egg and form to a dough.
5. Lay a damp kitchen cloth on top of the bowl and put it to a warm place (ideally on a chair beside the heating). Allow 2hourts to rise to its double size.
6. Raisins watered for an hour.
You can make the crown during waiting time.
Form the Cake:
7. Lay dough on some flour and knead the raisins into it.
8. Form a "queue“/snake and cut into desired balls for sharing. We are three people and have decided on 7 balls (for everyone 2 attempts and a empty middle). Hide the almond in a ball and put the balls in the tin: Around a middle one arrange all the others. For 30-60 minutes cooling (fridge or in winter on the balcony)
9. Preheat your stove on 190°C (no air circulation)
10. Yolk and egg white distinguish and whisk the yolk. Paint the cake with it.
11. Bake it with 190°C for 25-30 minutes.
Take it out with stove gloves and allow to cool down.
Rules: The one who finds the almond is king or queen for a day!